Archetypes/Psychology

Links to different translators, or other aids for the site will be posted here. Users can come in this board to create his or her own tutorial for the rest of the site to look at and critique!

Archetypes/Psychology

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Interesting site with stuff on story archetypes as well as how to write psychological conditions or scenarios.

http://www.archetypewriting.com/
Tsuneo
Old Man

Re: Archetypes/Psychology

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Whoa.

Once you start stalking Tsu-daddy you realize he has some useful stuff.

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Brera » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Tsuwisdom is full proof *nods*
That's very useful
Brera
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Cool. =D

...now I just need the time to go through all of it. D;
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:31 pm

I scour the internet for writing sources to bring them filtered down to you!
Tsuneo
Old Man

PostPosted by Oddric » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:56 pm

Like God's firey wrath upon the innocent!

| Request Thread | Characters | Quotes |
"This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adhering to a simple set of rules; test ideas by experiment and observation, build on those ideas that past the test, reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question... everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours..."
-- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Oddric
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Knyves » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Brera wrote:Tsuwisdom is full proof *nods*
That's very useful

It's fool proof, but whatever.

The Batman thing was great.
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Glory » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:21 pm

I just got done doing an essay on Archetypes, Heroic Myth, Combination Myth, and Healing Myth. It is all really interesting.

The secret to getting ahead...
...Is getting started

Glory

PostPosted by Shinji » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 pm

THIS IS PURE GOLD AND I JUST DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT UNTIL VERY NOW

Sorry for caps lock, but it happens to me everytime there's a major breakthrough I'm not aware of.
Shinji
Sandman

PostPosted by Seishin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 am

I'll actually defend you bumping this nine month old thread.

I would not have come across it otherwise.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper: and every tongue that resisteth thee in judgment, thou shalt condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of the Lord, and their justice with me, saith the Lord.
                —Jashin

S O R A T A
Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns
This describes determination to succeed, and represents optimism in the face of his dark passengers.

A K A M A T S U
Disturbed - Into the Fire
It represents obsession to be with his sacrificial wife, and eventual pledge to Jashin in his rise to power.
Seishin
The Apex Predator

PostPosted by Tsuuki » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:16 am

Joseph Campbell is the [badword]' MAN.

"What's the point in joining if...

...we have Mr. Half-Baked & Mr. Happy-Hour teaming up too?"
~ Ero-Kami

Tsuuki
Magical Mr. Mistoffelees

PostPosted by Yamamoto » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:15 pm

I found this very interesting despite me being very much late to the party. I plan on reading through a lot of this.

Also, something that sparked my interests about this site was the inclusion of the Standford Prison Experiment. It would be interesting to see something like this (or any other psychological themed RP's) in the Rule-Free Board.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴
Yamamoto
Yamsalot

PostPosted by V is for Vendetta » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:23 pm

This all depends on how widely you read. I've read the University Psychology Text. (Most of it anyway. I didn't want too read about the bits where they put wires into Cats eyes.) Makes you realize how amazing our bodies are...and how vulnerable they are. Apple Seeds are poison too us. Yet we eat their fruit nearly every day, crazy.
But then again we do tend too do a whole let of bad things. We smoke. We take drugs. Sometimes I wonder who named us 'Wise Ape' we are clever Apes yes. But Wisdom appears too be lacking.

"In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours.”

V is for Vendetta

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 pm

As you've discoverd too well through contemplating the decisions that you've made or the decisions your parents have made for you?
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by V is for Vendetta » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Sebokik Nara wrote:As you've discoverd too well through contemplating the decisions that you've made or the decisions your parents have made for you?

Not really. But I suppose I do not entirely understand what you mean. So I shall endeavorer too cause no offense. Perhaps you mean that I myself have taken drugs? My answer is no I have not. Not in the illegal sense anyway. I've had medicines which are classified as 'drugs' however i have not taken things like 'Speed' Or 'Cocaine'
I'll try too better explain myself:
I merely wonder why we where called 'Wise Ape' when we have utterly failed too live up to the name. As I said before, we kill ourselves, we kill the planet we live on. Surely we should have been called 'Intelligent Ape' we have made many wondrous things, granted. But look at what has happened in the process. `_`

"In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours.”

V is for Vendetta

Next

Return to The Classroom