Operation Atropine

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Re: Operation Atropine

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:36 pm

"Better make sure that rain gets particularly heavy if the gas is released, I don't like the idea of that stuff spreading too far. The briefing said it was easily washed from the area it was released in, after all...."

"In between the preparations to attack, and the gas being released, there will have to be a lag in the technique. It's little more than taking advantage of fuuton and raiton in a crude imitation of a true storm technique, so I can't move while using it. The storm should be large enough to take care of all of the toxins before it spreads far enough to do any damage, but while I'm reworking the technique to take care of that, you two will have to go in fast and either detain or eliminate any hostiles before they escape. Once the storm has run its course, I can rejoin you two. While that's all going on, however, I can send a few clones along as backup."

"Give me thirty minutes head start."

Rouge grinned under his mask, now understanding what Omoi had meant when she had referred to Sarin's "friends". Her wording might have been chosen as not to tip off anyone watching the situation, but from the thick swarm of insects he had just released, anyone nearby who would have been close enough to overhear her wording would have obviously seen them. It didn't matter, one way or another; while laid up in the hospital he had gone through a thick stack of books, covering everything from basic medical knowledge, to barrier breaking, and everything in between. One of the books he had especially liked had detailed some of the known clans throughout the countries, including a tribe of bug-users from the Land of Fire. He couldn't be sure if Sarin was one of their ranks, but if he was half as good as any of them, they had a real asset on their team.
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Knyves » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Removing one of them from the mission? A cover jutsu didn't do much good if the user couldn't make use of that cover to move or fight while using it. Not to mention, with only three of them on the mission, could they spare one of their number for some cover that wouldn't even cover them once they were within the compound?

"My friends will get there a little before us. With some time for them to travel before the storm, I can get a location on everyone in the compound. To shut down the seal, Wiltshire's got the best chance to get there with her Souton, and I can guide you... Rouge, can we afford for you to be out of commission during this jutsu? And I'd like to keep as many of them alive as possible... for interrogation." He hated having to mention it, but he would hate himself even more on the off chance that a life that didn't have to be, was ended. The night was growing deeper, darker, and the humming of the Kikaichuu had died on the air, disappearing into the night as they flew ahead. They should be getting close soon, and still, it seemed they couldn't decide on the best way of carrying out this mission. Or maybe they had, and Riku's own beliefs about life and its sanctity were holding them back? Could he afford to put his morals on the back burner?

OOC: I know the post sucks. Royal brain farts for like four or five days now. I figured a crap post was better than no post at all.
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Sapphire eyes shifted to Sarin from behind her BTM, studying him for a moment before she sped up a bit to get beside him, putting a light hand on his shoulder for a moment.

"Remember why we're on this mission in the first place. If those things go off back home, remember what would happen. We can't afford to go easy on them... but if there's even one that I have the skills to save when we get there, I'll do my best to get him back to Kumo alive... for interrogation, of course. My main priority is making sure that you two get back safely, though." Omoi smiled slightly behind her mask. She looked to Rouge with a grin, her hand slipping off of Sarin's shoulder. "Ne, think we'll be able to handle getting through without you for a while? I mean, it's not like I couldn't handle them myself, but...."

Through the filter, it would sound like bragging.

Through their com-link, her playful tone was shining through, giving a hint to the smirk that rested on her lips.

She looked ahead once again, her smirk becoming a wide grin.

"Whether it's laughable or irrational."

And she waited for her partner's to join in on the motto that rumbled through her heart like thunder.... This was the precious time leading up to their mission. Tenseness, excitement, worry... all of it was natural. Confidence was only formed when one placed faith in one's self and one's comrades. Their motto, the motto of their village, of their home, helped to form and place that faith....
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:20 pm

"The toxin is weak to water, so it won't take me long to clear it out. You two will be more than enough until I've got that taken care of. If it's really an issue, we could go without using it, but... in that event, any breach of the toxin, intentional or unintentional, could spell disaster for not only our opponents, but the local ecosystem."

Rouge was getting the feeling that Sarin was just trying to avoid any unnecessary bloodshed; commendable, and completely understandable. Otoha didn't enjoy killing either, but... a job was a job. Any chances they took by showing mercy would only serve to force needless danger on the ones they sought to protect.

"Don't get me wrong, kid... I'm no coldblooded killer. There's a lot at stake here, though. We screw up, and chances are, we could still walk away just fine. Kumo, though... if we make a mistake, they're the ones who will pay. Family, friends... I'm not willing to risk their lives by going out of my way to treat the enemy like a group of old friends."

Otoha smiled softly under his mask, listening to Omoi's attempts to lighten the mood. The time for battle and bloodshed would come shortly. For now, relaxing a bit couldn't hurt.

"This is the path that all great men walk. If there's a wall in our way..."

The chuunin grinned fiercely, slamming one of his fists into the palm of his other hand.

"We'll destroy it."
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Knyves » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Riku dropped off into silence. He still didn't like the idea of setting off the gas. If it went off, so be it, bu Riku could see no reason why they would need to set it off in the first place. The females were all now nearly in place, and the males still within his body were tarting to quake and quiver, releasing their own responses to the pheremones being secreted by his female companions out attaching themselves to the guards of the WWNOB compound.

While the others were busy chanting their mantra about how everything would fall before them, Riku held his silence. Such was not his mantra. Life was a thing to be cherished and protected at all costs, from the largest whale, to the tiniest insect, life was cared for, not merely shoved aside for convenience. True, he was liable to be mocked or even openly attacked for his beliefs, especially if it came down to him having to intercede on behalf of a sanctioned assassination. True, as Rouge had implied, there were times when a life had to be taken, but there were also times when a life that was taken, could have been spared. It was those times Riku despised.

And there it was. THe last of the females had found their host and was now releasing the pheremones that signaled it's location to the males. Three of the Kikaichuu in Riku's host body crawled out, perching for a moment on his finger before he placed it against his mask. Silently, the creatures scuttled to the side of it, between his ears and nose, hidden amongst the elaborate designs on his mask.

"They're in place."
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Omoi couldn't help but grin as Otoha-kun continued the motto, as she'd known he would; those who had been there on the cliff that day knew the words had a special meaning.

She looked to Riku-san, hoping that he would continue it.... Time passed, and he remained silent. A little disappointed, she looked back ahead; she should've known better. He was far too gentle, far too serious, to say any part of it... and he hadn't been in the group that day on the cliff. They'd gone through their entrance exam together, but not their training.

It was only Kaitou-kun who'd gone through both of those with her.

Sapphire eyes closed for a moment, letting her remaining senses and her instincts guide her as she shoved the emotional pain deep within.

"They're in place."

Her eyes opened once again, and Wiltshire was calm and ready. The time for relaxation was past. "How many?"
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm

[Skip me for this round. Not much to do until we find out how many.]
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Knyves » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:57 am

The sensation was an odd one. Difficult to rationalize or explain to any other shinobi outside of the Aburame's ranks, or so his mother had told him. But Riku knew. Thirty one guards had been tagged according to his Kikaichuu, unless a couple of them were doubled up. And there was always the possiblity that there were a couple the Kikaichuu had missed.

"30, give or take." A kunai, the cold steel fitting into his palm tightly. They could move underground, but they wouldn't know exactly where they were going. Best to leave it up to Rouge and Omoi to make the decision. Both were more experienced in this sort of thing than he, and both had witnessed more bloodshed than himself.

Holding that weapon in his hand, everything slowly slipped from his mind. There was only the moment, the present, and the knife clutched in his fingers. The mission at hand was all that mattered, and all he could be held accountable for was what he could reach with his own hands and that knife. It was time. The moment of truth. Surprisingly, as the adrenaline increased, peace settled. Fight or flight was all that remained, and flight was no option...
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:37 pm

"Well, that's not too bad. As long as there aren't any particularly annoying ones, we'll be fine."

Then again, the possibility of annoying, dangerous enemies was very high.

Omoi frowned slightly behind the safety of her mask. Otoha was the only chunin of the group; even if they were all members of BOLT--whether Op or BOLT-IT--, if they faced too powerful an adversary, things could get messy.

She had to get them both home safely. And to make sure she got back safely.

And to make sure they still had a safe home to return to.
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:12 am

"They're in place... I suppose that means it's my turn, then?"

Otoha walked a short distance away from the other two members of the group, giving himself a bit of room to work. Controlling so many clones at once didn't seem too difficult, but... it was more the space that the number he had in mind would take up that bothered him a bit more than the actual act of creating and maintaining the constructs. Calling upon his raiton element, the chuunin completed a short series of hand signs, causing the "army" of clones to simply form around where he stood; forty ghostly apparitions represented by a faintly glowing outline seemed to form out of the air itself, ready and waiting.

Kneeling down, he prepared for his second technique, while speaking first to his clones, and then to his allies.

"I can only maintain so many of you for twenty minutes. Ideally, you can get the job done in about ten minutes. I want each and every one of you back in five. Sarin, Wiltshire, once they report back you'll know the general location of the seal."

Taking a cross legged seat upon the ground, Otoha closed his eyes, focusing on gathering chakra of his air element, an element he hadn't exactly mastered yet. After a long minute, he exhaled slowly, beginning the technique with a series of hand signs. The clouds above slowly darkened before the rain began; having taken care to spread the technique out over a larger area, Otoha had managed a lighter rain to avoid raising suspicion, and to also include the current area where they waited. As the rain began to fall, the forty clones suddenly vanished, transmitting themselves through the falling rain, before finally meeting with the metal of the buildings ahead and spreading throughout.

"They'll be back in a moment, then you can get started."

Spoiler:
Name: Static Clones
Range: N/A
Jutsu Type: Ninjutsu
Elemental Affinity: Raiton
Clan: N/A

Description:
An expanded version of the Spark Clone technique, reworked by Otoha during a BOLT exercise on a minefield. Realizing that the standard Spark Clones tought to the Kumogakure shinobi were too costly to be used for scouting, he came up with a slightly modified version of the original technique. Instead of the solid clones composed of lightning used by the original technique, Otoha spreads the chakra in a much wider consistency, reducing the clones to an almost literal ghostly form. Instead of the thickly packed chakra used to make the other clones, which appear more or less human, aside from their shifting composition, the clones created through this technique exist on a bare minimum of chakra, appearing as a detail-less glowing outline. Intended for scouting, the clones only have two function; when they find whatever they were looking for, they either return to the one who created them, and lead them back, or detonate themselves in one blazing flare of light, creating a flare-like effect. They are completely useless in a battle situation, as they have no physical form; should an attack hit them, it would have a static feeling that could at best raise a few hairs on the opponent's arm. They are not able to pass through objects, however; they merely loosen their composition to allow the opposing object to pass through, an effect best related to the movement of air away from a moving object. Due to this limitation, they cannot pass through walls and the like, although they can transmit themselves quickly across metal or water, provided they don't actually pass through said object, as in, moving from one side of a wall to another.

Do to their rather insubstantial existence, Static Clones take a very small amount of chakra to maintain; where the original technique would allow for only five spark clones to exist for two minutes at genin, this technique allows for twenty for ten minutes, as the table below shows:

Number of Clones:204080
Time:10 Minutes20 Minutes40 Minutes

Name: Se Doshaburi no Jutsu - Torrential Downpour Technique
Range: N/A
Jutsu Type:Ninjutsu
Elemental Affinity: Air
Clan:Raikou ninja only
Description: By using air chakra and lacing clouds together to create a large thunderstorm. The user concentrates rain on the battlefield. This technique best used in Raikou due to it's location, cuts visibility and also makes lightning jutsu more conductible allowing the electricity from the attack to travel further. This technique is used in battle i tight situations when you are out numbered or are in a great battle. The downside is you must continually focus your chakra keeping the clouds together preventing you from attacking but allowing your teammates too.
[From the Village Technique list; Kumo Section. Edited lightly for spelling.]
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Knyves » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:39 pm

As the rain began to fall, Riku looked skyward for a moment. From here on, it was real. Blood would fall like rain if anything went wrong. Thousands of lives were at stake, and resting on two Genins' shoulders. Should he or Omoi stumble or falter, lives would be lost. This was the moment BOLT had trained him for, and yet, he was oddly separated. His mind ran through countless worst case scenarios, but his body was passively checking his weapons and gear one last time. The rain water would slow him down as it seeped through his clothing, but there was no way he would be discarding his jacket here. It went with him everywhere, the only part of him that remained even when running missions as a nameless BOLT-IT.

Regardless, his weapons were in order, precisely as he had arranged them, and a deep breath left his lungs. A rudimentary calming exercise, forcing oxygen to the brain to clear his mind. A single thought. Get in, disable the seal, get out. That was all there was. If someone was in their way, he'd remove them. As Rouge had said, there was no oppurtunity for being nice.

The other side of Sarin however, wilted from the possibility. If there was a way, he'd avoid harming others, even enemies. It was more difficult however, to complete the mission when restricting one's self. And so, with another breath, Sarin closed his eyes, preparing himself. One breath. Two. Three. Exhale. His eyes opened slowly, peering at the cloudy sky dropping water on him softly. His decision had been reached. Anyone in their way would be cut down in the fastest, most efficient manner possible. Casualties were to be accepted, but the saving of life would atone for the loss of life.

Silence crept across him, almost as a living thing, as he focused deep into the night, and equally into himself. Emotions had to be compartmentalized, or they would get in his way. Logic was supreme, at least until they were back at BOLT HQ.
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Her open palm caught drops of rain, soaking into the cloth but going no farther... a thin layer of sapphire scales had formed across her body beneath the suit she wore.

Everything was about to begin.

Worries were tossed aside. The mission and her instincts prevailed, the guidance of her determination that all of them would make it back alive throbbing through her veins.

A slow breath.

"'No one dies'."

Otoha-kun's words from their last Operation together were now spoken in Wiltshire's voice, floating on the air.... They'd all come back alive. There was no longer any doubt.

It was not long after she'd spoken that the clones returned, and Omoi turned to follow them, raising a hand in farewell as she walked away from her companions. "I'm off."

And then she was gone, phasing through all matter in her way as she followed the faint electrical shapes....
Raika

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:03 pm

"No one dies... you've taken up my mantra, you know."

Otoha smiled softly underneath his mask, thinking back to the first time he had softly spoken those words, before setting off on the Operation, and how many times he had repeated them throughout, both as a silent prayer for their success, and of a reminder for everyone to stay safe. To hear someone else repeating it back so long after was... actually a bit of a relief.

All at once, the clones returned, before fading away, one by one. When but a single clone remained, and Omoi was prepared, it turned and made its way back towards the complex, pausing for the slightest of moments every now and then so that the dragonness wouldn't lose sight. Upon reaching the building, it would lead her inside, transmitting itself through the metallic structure, once more only popping free in concealed spots in order to serve as a beacon so she could continue to track it. Finally, having reached the end of its journey, a large room containing both the payload of chemicals and the seals, the clone turned back, finally returning to Otoha's side and vanishing just as the rest had done.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Knyves » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Before Omoi left, Riku walked up, placing his hand on her shoulder for a brief moment. In that moment however, all that was required was for the Kikaichuu on his sleeve to crawl over to her. With that little task completed, Riku posted himself against a tree, watching as the dragoness disappeared. Moving off toward the compound.

Keying open his com channel, Riku spoke evenly, tallying the information and pheremones coming to him from all the various Kikaichuu. "There's two guards at your 11 and 1, get out of sight. One patrolling in a circular pattern, coming in from your three Wiltshire." As he spoke, his hands busily filled themselves with kunai, twisting them into the air and catching them. It was a nervous tick, just something to occupy his hands while his mind was occupied with guiding his teammate past the enemy. Once the stealth aspect was done with, Otoha and Riku could come in and attack, capturing the terrorists. But for now, all Sarin could do was act as a small voice, guiding his comrade.

OOC: Sorry for lateness.
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Raika » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 pm

"No one dies... you've taken up my mantra, you know."

She smiled slightly beneath her mask. It seemed that every human she grew close to changed her in a way....

~~~

Slipping silently through all matter in her way, traveling through walls and ground alike and only moving out into the open when it was neccessary to find Rouge's clone and let Sarin pinpoint her location through the kikaichuu that he had placed on her. It was during one of these forays into the open that Sarin's warning came.

"There's two guards at your 11 and 1, get out of sight. One patrolling in a circular pattern, coming in from your three Wiltshire."

Reflexively she dove into the ground, leaving no trace of her presence behind. At least she had caught sight of the paused clone before she'd hidden.

Several brief forays, quick warnings, and phasing escapes later, Wiltshire made her last foray into the open, watching the clone turn back before she turned her attention to the tanks and the massive seals laid out on paper beneath them....

Another warning from Sarin.

Wiltshire ducked underground once more, a subtle flow of chakra activating one of the BTM's more unique functions and highlighting the figures traversing the room on the surface.

Annoying.

Sapphire eyes narrowed slightly before she shook her head and moved through the ground effortlessly, relying on her mental map to make sure that she was moving towards the target....

Now.

A fully phased, invisible hand reached out of the earth and "felt around" for the metal of the tanks and the paper that rested beneath them, relying on Souton chakra to guide her as to what the object was that she was phasing through.... Moments passed, and Wiltshire focused hard with closed eyes--

There!

Her hand slipped back beneath the surface, retrieving a scalpel rather than a kunai--the former would have a far keener edge and thus be better suited to the task--, and she moved it upwards, solidifying the very tip once it was a mere hair above the paper and beginning the careful process of making near-silent incisions in the seals, moving about in slow patterns to make sure she got to every seal despite not being able to see them at all from her position....

As long as those two enemies walking about above didn't notice.
Raika

PreviousNext

Return to Takama-ga-hara