Operation Atropine

[ \Sakura Hiroba | Kamiza | Yomi/ ]
The capital city of Raikou no Kuni, nestled between mountain peaks in the center of the country. Its altitude and location lead to common snowfall, though it is not necessarily cold throughout the year, clear days often leading to be as warm as summer. At the southern end of this star-shaped city lies a great stone bridge spanning a large lake, connecting to the road back down to the rest of the world. The home of both the Daimyo and Kamiza, the Onigami Compounds.

Re: Operation Atropine

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Orders were orders and news was news whether it was good or bad, truth or lie. Sebokik had to deliver this message, after getting the note from Fei that the Operation Atropine was successful. For the moment, Sebokik seemed to be the second in command for Fei and did a lot of work for him directly. Fei was busy right now with other information he wasn't ready to share or was just to important for Sebokik, so Sebokik had to get the debriefing and deliver the news to the three BOLT-IT's directly.

He entered the debriefing room, seeing Omoi, Otaha, and Riku was the only ones in there at the moment and gave them all a nod, as he sighed and ran his hand through his reddish-brown hair. He walked over to the table and set down a folder with a large grouping of files. He opened it up and checked to make sure everything was in order and then after seeing it confirmed, nodded. It was all here. Then he looked at the trio again.

"Well we're all here. Your all giving me the mission overview and the finer points and details and then I'll tell you some news coming straight from the top, the Captain himself."

Sebokik sighed and leaned back in his chair and lit a cigarette, a bad habit he'd picked up.

"I hope its not a bad story."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:29 pm

"Otoha-kun, this is Aburame Riku-san. Riku-san, this is Nue Otoha-kun... oi, Riku-san, get over here, would you?"

Turning towards the presumably younger shinobi, Otoha flashed a friendly smile in Riku's direction, before taking a seat on Omoi's right side. The medic had given him a quick look and had taken care of his injury with some basic medical ninjutsu in order to seal the wound, but he had prattled on and on about how Otoha should go to the hospital after being debriefed, for one reason or another; like hell he was going back there for a wound he quite honestly considered to be little more than a scratch. Omoi probably intended to drag him back if she had to, but she would have to catch up first. Shrugging his shoulders a bit, as if testing the limits the bandages would allow his motion, the chuunin pulled his long-coat over his body, shivering a bit; he had been told to remove the upper half of his BST-Suit in order to retrieve treatment, and the effort of pulling it back on simply seemed like too much work.

"Have to remember to get that tear fixed up," he murmured to himself, before turning to look in the door's direction as Sebokik entered. Grinning lightly, he snapped off a sharp salute.

"Well we're all here. Your all giving me the mission overview and the finer points and details and then I'll tell you some news coming straight from the top, the Captain himself."

"Mission was completed within the assigned parameters."

Flipping the sheathe of his weapon, which had been resting against his legs, back into his hands, the chuunin focused for a moment, reverting the blade into the item he had formed his contract upon; the Survival medal received after Flying Torch. After clipping the medal to a small chain necklace, he resumed speaking, his tone surprisingly serious.

"We entered unseen and assessed the area as instructed. Omoi took out the seals intended to transport the bioweapon into Kumogakure using her phasing skills, while Riku tagged several of them with the... Kukaichi, was it? With the seals disabled and the chances of the weapon being released into Kumo eliminated, I destroyed the facility from a distance, creating enough havoc that the others could rush in and begin either capturing or eliminating targets. There was a... slight issue involving an enemy much stronger than anticipated, but a combined effort saw him slain, and two terrorists taken prisoner."
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Sebokik listened to his report. It seemed Otoha took control of the situation in the room. That was good. Sebokik looked around. Riku was still playing his quiet, submissive role, while Omoi was the supportive backbone of the team. They made a good team. And they had taken down a much stronger enemy. An A-ranked wanderer from what forensics had shown. A very powerful B-ranked wanderer with a large bounty in Konoha and Kasai. Strange.

Sebokik looked down at his file for a few seconds, comparing Otoha's story with what was in his report. Sebokik was somewhat disappointed in one part of their otherwise thoroughly done mission. He looked up at the trio again, his face neutral.

"Well it seems like a otherwise perfect mission. The clean-up squad checked the man you three killed so efficiently and he was a A-ranked Wanderer of great importance in the criminal underworld, or at least thats what our profile on him says. Good job on that. There is only one part of the mission I'm not so happy with. None of you checked the remains to make sure bomb was destroyed. That is a problem. In BOLT, a job must be done 100% and then it must be checked over to eradicate the possibilty of mistakes. Now you did a wonderful job killing off the stragglers, but you forgot the bio-weapon. I'm glad you got it, as the clean-up squad tells me. It's totally destroyed and of no further use. The only problem is that you didn't think to make sure. But for now, your in the clear. Just remember this lesson. Always check yourself to make sure you aren't making a mistake or missing something."

Sebokik sighed and closed the file. He pulled out a tape recorder and nodded to the three of them.

"This recorder is for formalities and since the Captain wants to hear the interview personally. Now starting with Omoi and then Riku and then Otoha, each one of you tell me your part of the mission. I want to hear a summary of your actions and a summary of the mission from your perspective. Then I want to hear about how you thought you three worked together and how you think you can improve. Each of you. Now tell me. This will be going straight to the Captain so leave nothing out."

Sebokik turned his head to face Omoi more directly and turned on the tape recorder.

"Okay Omoi. Tell me your story."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:14 am

After Otoha-kun had settled beside her, sapphire eyes scanned over the bandages before her friend covered his bare chest with his long coat; it didn't seem to be bleeding, at least, and she'd removed her own Ryuujinscale patch from her friend's body after she'd gotten him into the mednin's care....

An approach from beyond the door, and sapphire eyes shifted to the door as it opened, her hand snapping up reflexively in a salute to Sebokik-sempai as he walked in.

And her Sempai lit a cigarette, Omoi mentally storing away the knowledge of the incident to tell Raika later.... If this wasn't a debreifing session, the human-formed dragoness would have put out the cigarette already.

"I hope its not a bad story."

"Mission was completed within the assigned parameters."

Sapphire eyes shifted sideways to glance at Otoha-kun as her back remained straight to literally sit "at attention", quietly noting his sword turning into a medal that she'd seen her friend carrying around a few times before....

"We entered unseen and assessed the area as instructed. Omoi took out the seals intended to transport the bioweapon into Kumogakure using her phasing skills, while Riku tagged several of them with the... Kukaichi, was it?" No, kikaichu. A silent correction in her thoughts. "With the seals disabled and the chances of the weapon being released into Kumo eliminated, I destroyed the facility from a distance, creating enough havoc that the others could rush in and begin either capturing or eliminating targets. There was a... slight issue involving an enemy much stronger than anticipated, but a combined effort saw him slain, and two terrorists taken prisoner."

Sapphire eyes shifted ahead to watch quietly as Sebokik-sempai looked down at the file before looking back up at them again.

"Well it seems like a otherwise perfect mission. The clean-up squad checked the man you three killed so efficiently and he was a A-ranked Wanderer of great importance in the criminal underworld, or at least thats what our profile on him says. Good job on that. There is only one part of the mission I'm not so happy with. None of you checked the remains to make sure bomb was destroyed. That is a problem. In BOLT, a job must be done 100% and then it must be checked over to eradicate the possibilty of mistakes. Now you did a wonderful job killing off the stragglers, but you forgot the bio-weapon. I'm glad you got it, as the clean-up squad tells me. It's totally destroyed and of no further use. The only problem is that you didn't think to make sure. But for now, your in the clear. Just remember this lesson. Always check yourself to make sure you aren't making a mistake or missing something."

And, yet again, BOLT was reminding her of one of the basics. Checking over one's work. Sapphire eyes watched patiently as a tape recorder was pulled out and the file was closed.

"This recorder is for formalities and since the Captain wants to hear the interview personally. Now starting with Omoi and then Riku and then Otoha, each one of you tell me your part of the mission. I want to hear a summary of your actions and a summary of the mission from your perspective. Then I want to hear about how you thought you three worked together and how you think you can improve. Each of you. Now tell me. This will be going straight to the Captain so leave nothing out."

The tape recorder was turned on as Sebokik-sempai turned to her.

"Okay Omoi. Tell me your story."

Leave nothing out, huh?

A slow breath, and Omoi began her own report: "After receiving breifing, we gathered as a group--I was fortunate to have worked with both Otoha-kun and Riku-san before on several occassions, though not the both of them at the same time--and set off for the target, working out a plan along the way. We settled on Riku-san using his Kikaichu to get a headcount on and the location of all enemy forces within the base, while Otoha-kun's static clones would seek out the seal where the bio-weapon tanks were, return, and lead me to the seal while I utilized my phasing abilities and Riku-san's intelligence of the locations of each enemy to remain undetected, followed by Otoha-kun utilizing one of his techniques to destroy the base once the seal had been taken care of and I had gotten out of the base. Upon reaching the seal I made several long slits in the paper scroll that it rested on, breaking the seals in every possible place with my phasing capabilities keeping me from detection and allowing me to check my work after I had completed the incisions. After such I phased back out of the base and hid myself under a bush in the edge of the forest, signalling Otoha-kun to begin his attack; shortly afterwards a bolt of lightning shot by a relatively harmless distance from my position and destroyed the enemy base, setting the remaining buildings on fire and causing the bio-weapon tanks to rupture and release the gas. I reported the results back to Otoha-kun and Riku-san where they were waiting, and Otoha-kun utilized the Se Doshaburi no Jutsu to create rain and wash away the bioweapon before it could harm the local environment as well as putting out the majority of the fires. After the rain began, Riku-san and I moved in to take care of the stragglers. After taking care of all but one, with Riku-san capturing two of the enemy as prisoners, I gave chase to the final enemy and initially attempted to take him down with non-lethal measures, throwing shuriken at his back and causing him to fall before pouncing on him... which was a rather unfortunate mistake on my part, as I ended up getting shocked by Raiton while the enemy stood up unharmed, removing the shuriken from his cloak to reveal the metal armor he wore underneath. I relayed the information on the enemy to my comrades via the COM-Link and called for back-up from them, resulting in a Fuuton attack from Otoha-kun knocking the man off-balance long enough for him to place an IR-Seal on the man's forehead, a Doton attack from Riku-san additionally hitting the man before he could hit the ground and drawing a small amount of blood. Riku-san pulled the enemy to his feet while Otoha-kun helped me to my own... however, I felt something was off, so I phased the filters in the BTM to allow me to analyze the scents of my surroundings, finding the scents of my two companions, of blood, and of a faint scent which I assumed to belong to the enemy. Realizing my error, I shouted out a warning to my comrades as the enemy's clone began to glow before exploding; I managed to phase myself and Riku-san into the ground in time, as with my warning I had come closer to Riku-san, but when we came up and resolidified after the explosion I found Otoha-kun to have been injured by shrapnel. Utilizing my scales, I patched him up as best as possible in an attempt to prevent blood loss and external bleeding, as well as to prevent any more contaminants from entering the wound. Afterwards I helped Otoha-kun to his feet, helped him over to Riku-san, and told Riku-san to take Otoha-kun back to the village due to his injury while I moved to pursue the threat into the forest alone, sending Ryuujinscale into the ground with each step to form an underground network in preparation for a counter-attack of my own as I continued phasing the filters of my mask in order to follow the scent of the injured enemy's blood despite the continuing rain. Otoha-kun objected and followed after me along with Riku-san. I, having ended up a good deal ahead, discovered the enemy first and brought him out of hiding, provoking him and evading his attacks as I continued setting up for what would now be my back-up plan and an asset to the resulting conflict. Otoha-kun prepared a long-range technique while Riku-san entered the ground to attack from below, and once Otoha-kun had finished his preparations I sent my Ryuujinscale up to restrain the enemy and confirm that this time it was indeed the real one rather than another clone, signalling for Otoha-kun to launch his attack once I had confirmed such. Thus, Otoha-kun launched his sword at the enemy and it pierced the man through the armor and chest, just below the collarbone. Riku-san emerged from the ground without having to do anything, moving to retrieve the prisoners. I checked the enemy's vitals and found him to be dead after I removed the sword from his chest and returned it to Otoha-kun, followed by crushing both the brain and heart of the enemy to ensure that, if he had some sort of technique that would allow him to stand back up and attack us again, he would be unable to. His body currently rests about ten feet deep in the ground, placed there via phasing. A checked the scents of my surroundings once more before I stopped phasing the filters of the BTM, content that there were no remaining enemies nearby. Afterwards we checked on each other's conditions and Otoha-kun radioed in that the mission was complete, Riku-san arriving shortly afterwards with the two prisoners. I carried one while Riku-san carried the other on our return trip to Kumo. After arrival I removed my Ryuujinscale patch from Otoha-kun's body in order to allow the mednin to treat him, and now we're here."

Omoi leaned back in her chair to recover her breath after the long report; she'd done her best not to leave anything out....
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika
Silver Dragon of Kumogakure

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Sebokik listened with the utmost care and made sure to note down the techniques used so that the clean-up crew or some younger BOLT could go check up and dig up the corpse to make sure that part was over. It seemed like everything was good and Omoi had been very descriptive. It was overall, a very well thought out obeservation.

Sebokik noted everything he could think of from her briefing and then turned over a new page and then turned the mic back on.

"Okay Riku, now try to pick up any details you think Omoi left out and tell me what happened from your end."

Sebokik was hoping one of them would be able to pick up on any insignificant details they thought would be important and catch the lapses their partner's were making. Almost like peer editing.

OOC: Okay Knyves. I'm keeping my posts short as this is your guys and girls mission.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Knyves » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Riku kept his distance as Omoi called him, silently separating himself from the other two. Nor did he respond in any fashion to Otoha's greeting, instead keeping his silence and staring into the distance far beyond this room. Still numb, he could barely speak, barely think. It was all he could do to simply remain there motionless and not break down. As Sebokik stepped in, a slight shiver overtook Riku's hand. He couldn't speak, and it was with a grateful mind that he listened as both Otoha and Omoi recounted the tale, leaving little for him to add.

"They covered it all. Mostly. I wanted to retreat after Otoha's injury. I lost sight of the objective. I didn't think we could survive hunting down that man with him injured, and we'd already destroyed the bio-weapon. It was cowardice." And for the first time since their return to HQ, Riku turned his attention to the other two. "I'm sorry. I was weak." His head sagged dramatically, and with his comparitively short side of the tale completed, Riku returned to his silence, processing, segregating, boxing all that his mind had needed to deal with from the day, especially the deaths. Horrible, cruel deaths that shouldn't have been forced on any man, creature, or villain, even such as those they had encountered on their mission. The bio-weapon turned against them, a sword through the chest. What a waste of precious life...
Knyves
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Sebokik knew what was happening to Riku. He wasn't prepared for what was happening, didn't yet mature to the point where priorities became his way of coping as all BOLT members eventually did. He had experienced death and hadn't liked it and was now hiding from it.

"You shouldn't be sorry to me. You should be sorry to the people you helped killed. Do you think they wanted to be killed by someone who didn't know what a terrible thing it was, an ignorant teenager who didn't realize that death was so terrible that he was erasing someone's life and that any moment someone might do that to him? I know if I wanted to be killed, it would be by someone who knew full well what they were getting themselves into. You just don't have your priorities or mental focus to do that just yet. We'll get over this soon. For now, think about it. Think about yor priorities."

Sebokik's voice did not raise or lower, but talked to him with a cold, perfectly logical tone. It was neutral, indifferent to Riku's pain, unsympathetic to his emotions. Sebokik finished his little speech to Riku and then turned to Otoha.

"Now Otoha, is there anything you can elaborate on, anything at all?"

OOC: Knyves pm me, I want to know where your going with your character. We could get some good character development going with him.
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by carcinoGeneticist » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:40 pm

"Now Otoha, is there anything you can elaborate on, anything at all?"

Otoha thought for a moment, before slowly shaking his head. Riku's motions on the battlefield, or rather, his emotions, worried the chuunin, but he wasn't about to make an issue of it during the debriefing. If anything, he could always mention it to Seb on his own time.

"No... nothing at all. Omoi and Riku flow well as a unit, and aside from a few small slip-ups from each of us, the mission went off without any problems."

[Short, as I already did my debriefing before Omoi's.]
Push your care, push your burdens aside, erase everything inside and leave just one thing on your mind.
You only live once, so just go f.ucking nuts.
RIP Okinami - RIP Shadow
carcinoGeneticist
The Lightning Master
The Lightning Master

PostPosted by Reál Midas » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Sebokik finished up his notes and closed the file. He sighed and looked back up at the three, his expression betraying nothing.

"You've all done a satisfactory job with this mission and I'm glad its over. Now for the news. Otoha and Omoi first."

Sebokik took out two golden lightning bolts and then two slips of papers. He handed each of them a lightning bolt and then a slip of paper.

"Don't open the paper till your alone and at your home. They hold your BOLT name and communication sign. These bolts are the fact that you are now members of BOLT. You are never to wear them. Keep them with you, to remind yourself of the trials you faced and what they have molded you into. You two are now, BOLT-Op's, able to lead and take initiative to a degree that no P-BOLT or BOLT-IT could. You can put the mission before your life and do the world, and more importantly Kumo, a service to be proud of. BOLT has no hero's, but you two have shown us that you are worthy of such a word if it was in our vocabulary. Remember, hero is another word of matyrs. Your are neither. You are the people who make hard decisions, who do work where no one else sees or hears about it. You are BOLT. Keep that BOLT with pride."

Sebokik closed the folder again and then turned away from the two Otoha and Omoi with a nod and look that edged on proud.

"Now Riku. You have shown that you are capable, but not yet ready to take up the mantle of BOLT. We have information coming in from a hidden source of a problem that will need BOLT's help on correcting. You will be going with me, to attend to this "problem" and if you prove yourself worthy during this mission. Then we will see about your promotion."

Sebokik grabbed his notes and folder and pushed his chair back and stood up. He tucked it under his arm and grabbed a box of Lucky Strikes out of his pocket. He lit one up and then put the box away. He gestured to the box, "Fei lent me these. And don't think about touching them without permission." Sebokik grinned and tossed one to Otoha.

"Have a celebratory smoke. Life's a bitch, but we find a way to cope." Sebokik opened the door and was about to walk out. "Welcome to the officer core."
Who is John Galt?
Profile(s)
Reál Midas
Site Fanatic
Site Fanatic

PostPosted by Raika » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:43 pm

"You've all done a satisfactory job with this mission and I'm glad its over. Now for the news. Otoha and Omoi first."

Omoi accepted the slip of paper and the small golden bolt into an open palm, sapphire eyes looking over the insignia quietly....

"Don't open the paper till your alone and at your home. They hold your BOLT name and communication sign. These bolts are the fact that you are now members of BOLT. You are never to wear them. Keep them with you, to remind yourself of the trials you faced and what they have molded you into. You two are now, BOLT-Op's, able to lead and take initiative to a degree that no P-BOLT or BOLT-IT could. You can put the mission before your life and do the world, and more importantly Kumo, a service to be proud of. BOLT has no hero's, but you two have shown us that you are worthy of such a word if it was in our vocabulary. Remember, hero is another word of matyrs. Your are neither. You are the people who make hard decisions, who do work where no one else sees or hears about it. You are BOLT. Keep that BOLT with pride."

Her eyes widened slightly in sudden surprise, her gaze raising up to look at Sebokik-sempai, noting the nearly proud look he gave Otoha-kun and herself before she smiled ever so slightly.

"Now Riku. You have shown that you are capable, but not yet ready to take up the mantle of BOLT. We have information coming in from a hidden source of a problem that will need BOLT's help on correcting. You will be going with me, to attend to this "problem" and if you prove yourself worthy during this mission. Then we will see about your promotion."

Riku-san wasn't ready yet. She hoped he'd join them soon enough, though... they worked well together, overall.

"Fei lent me these. And don't think about touching them without permission." Sapphire eyes focused on the Lucky Strikes disapprovingly; Raika really was rubbing off on the dragoness. But, it was only when Sebokik-sempai tossed one to Otoha-kun that her disapproving look turned into a warning glare of such an intensity that the cigarette itself could have caught fire if such was possible.... "Have a celebratory smoke. Life's a bitch, but we find a way to cope." And Sebokik-sempai was leaving. "Welcome to the officer core."

A moment after the door had shut, sapphire eyes shifted to Otoha-kun. "Try smoking that and I'll shred it myself." A smooth stand, and sapphire eyes remained on her friend as she lightly clutched her note and bolt insignia in her hand. A soft sigh, and she finally smiled a little. "How about this: I take you to Raika, she fully takes care of your injury, and we let you avoid being stuck in the Hospital. Sound good?" She extended her free hand to Otoha-kun in order to help him to his feet; the mednin that had looked him over earlier may have healed him to an extent, but Raika would be able to finish the job.
(Kudos to Arzur for making the pic! ;D )
Raika

Previous

Return to Takama-ga-hara