What the heck is this?

Do you have a question on the system? Do you have an idea to make it better? Post here! Good ideas come from everywhere, don't be shy.

What the heck is this?

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Ah, a good question.

This, my friends, is the Idearium. Where ideas come to fruition on the site!
Or to die. Sometimes they die.

What's going on here Tsu?

In the past we maintained a moderator section in order for our "respected and esteemed" members to post ideas about things, either OOC rule changes or IC concepts or complaints.

It was fun in there sometimes. Most of the time it was arguing.

Okay...

Hold on, I'm not done!

It came to my attention the other day that with the Kage-switch, we're losing a number of people's ideas that I came to like. However, to just throw them in the mod section seemed a bit odd. Soooooo, here we are! A public place where all members can present their ideas for the board.

We did have the suggestion board but it was mostly filled with questions and it lacked a je ne sais quois that the Idearium has.

How does it work?

Step 1: Have idea.
Step 2: Post it.

That's it!
Other people will discuss it and we may or may not adopt it as a change to the site. If the Admins do not care if the change is made one way or another, we will put it to a site-wide vote. What you want to occur, will occur.

You, yourself, may not make a vote. Don't even try it.

So we're gonna change the site?

Not so fast partner. It's not that easy. Your idea has to:

1. Make sense.
2. Benefit the board as a whole and not just yourself or your interest group.
3. If it is in terms of creation, must be respectful to the amount of work that will occur with the mods.
4. Other things as necessary.

So, yes, you can have an idea. The likelihood it'll be accepted, is honestly, pretty low. But I still want to see them! Who knows what stroke of genius we may come across.

Tsu, this is dumb. You know why? Because most people on the site are dumb and this place will be filled with dumb ideas.

You're not very nice are you D;

Yes, fine, noobs may wander in and suggest opening Uchiha. Just ignore them. The good ideas will float to the surface, the bad ones will be ignored. Same thing happened in the mod section.

Can we troll?

Please try not to. The last thing we need is for attention-needy people to find that posting a dumb idea is a great way to get their ego boost. If an idea is bad, it's much more effective to just let it die. The opposite of love isn't hate; it's apathy.

--

Go go go!
Tsuneo
Old Man

Re: What the heck is this?

PostPosted by Shadow » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Tsuneo wrote:Tsu, this is dumb. You know why? Because most people on the site are dumb and this place will be filled with dumb ideas.

i want to thank you for not making me have to type it. makes it so much easier to be lazy.

Spoiler:
loljk, u can delete this tsu

edit: spoiler fail xD
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." ~ Sheik
"It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time. The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go... This song is dedicated to the power of the heart." ~ Sheik
Shadow
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Re: What the heck is this?

PostPosted by Tsuneo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Shadow xD
Tsuneo
Old Man

Return to Questions and Ideas